Monday, June 30, 2008

Drones

I needed to find out how much I paid in school taxes in 2006. I could not find my receipt from them so I gave them a call. Fully knowing I would have to go to their office anyway, but sometimes I can be an optimist.

All I needed was the amount paid to submit for income tax. Yes, I have yet to file 2006 taxes but that's another story.

I called, the lady drone answered, almost immediately transferred me and of course it disconnects.

I immediately call back and the phone rings, rings, and rings.

In short, I got to take a trip to the tax office where the lady drone diligently stamped my new receipt, DUPLICATE. So there!

If there is anything I've learned from being alive this long, it's don't ask why they never answered the phone or why I got disconneted to begin with, they're drones and they like it that way.

No comments: